Tuesday, August 7, 2012

Installing VirtualBox on Ubuntu 12.04

I've installed VirtualBox on my Ubuntu 12.04 (Server with Classic Desktop).

Installation

1. Open Ubuntu Software Center under Application menu.
2. Search for "virtualbox" and install it.

Adding a Guest OS (Windows Server 2003)

1. I made my Ubuntu (Host) to have a static IP. (see "Changing to Static IP")
2. Open VirtualBox from Application > Accessories menu.
3. Click "New" to create a virtual machine and follow the instruction (using original DVD).
4. I used the defalt (NAT) networking mode. (see "Virtual Networking")

Updating Windows Server 2003

I configured it for automatic download for updates, but it never did anything.
So I manually downloaded to install Windows Server 2003 Service Pack 2.

No comments:

Post a Comment